Michelle Johnson is an Team BeautyFit® Athlete, IFBB Bikini Pro, ISSA Specialist in Performance Nutrition, and Fitness Trainer who is recognized as a national level fitness authority, figure model, speaker and writer.
Her innovative workout programs have been implemented into some of the nation's leading health and fitness organizations. Her articles have been published by many leading industry magazines. She is an industry speaker on topics including weight management, wellness and group fitness.
All of her online services are available worldwide and some are managed in person.
Winning means you are willing to go longer, harder and give more than anyone else" - Vince Lombardi
The road to success is always under construction. It is not a permanent state of achievement. Winners are not always in the mindset of actively pursuing their goals, but they will do what they can to sustain them. It can take hard work and determination to achieve things that challenge us in new ways especially. This is because you will be required to create new road maps and get out of your comfort zone and into the zone. It is not easy to change habits or patterns. It takes intensity and determination to breakthrough our very own inner world.
Most people who achieve success are not always rational about how they go about their outcomes. They are the ones who have let go of their fear of failure and don't believe that the obstacles are fatal. In fact, through failing is when they actually gained a renewed strength that lead to the outcome. We have to recognize first and foremost that in life there may be more failures than successes. It's through trial and error we achieve our success! We just talk less about it. We only talk about it when we are looking back and realize that is what made us stronger, wiser and better. Failures are great teachers if you are willing to learn from them.
So what is it that makes and individual different who is successful at achieving their goals versus those who try time and time again and seem to lack what it takes to finally get to the finish line?
- Successful people are willing to make the sacrifices that others are not willing to make. They are not looking for an easy way out and know there will be discomfort. They accept they are going to have to change. The path before them will also change and how they approach it. They are the ones willing to wake up when its dark and go for a run. To go to the AA meetings even though they don't have to. They are the ones who are at the top of their game because they made found a way out of their excuses and got their mind on solutions.
- People who reach the finish line are relentlessly solution minded. Rather than focus on obstacles and finding great excuses to not follow, they find ways to remove, eliminate or work around barriers, obstacles, detours and energy vampires. When you are driven you do find a way rather than come up with excuses. You also find ways to conserve your energy and avoid people who distract your efforts.
- They are willing to a pay a price most would not. Money is not an obstacle because they don't believe they will go broke or waste it investing in the tools they need to achieve their goal. Time is valued and of essence, but not the reason. They carve out time and create time by eliminating time wasting activities. They know their family will not die without them or be neglected if they are not always available. They feel they are setting an example and that the family is willing to support them. If not, they will show them how it's done and hope to inspire them. They see the purpose in the temporary insanity of doing whatever it takes them in order to achieve their goal. This investment all shows that they believe enough in themselves to follow through because the outcome will strengthen them in all that they do. They have the mindset that reflects that "where there is a will there is a way".
What does your inner world look like today? Are you clearing the clutter or allowing it to stay there and keep you believing you don't have what it takes to finish what you start. You are the only person who can train yourself to follow through. Through your ambitions you learn how to speak to yourself in a way that helps you lead be the leader. No one can lead the horse to water. You must decide you want the gift on the other side. You can always go back to where you came from. How will you ever know what it feels like if you don't reach it at least once in your life. It's self talk that determines how far you will go in life. It's your emotional IQ. It's your voice that starts and stops you from your follow through when it comes to your WILL and DESIRES. It's things in life that you come up against that trigger you to either sink or swim.
High achievers are great at getting over the hurdles. They strategize ahead and know that with any conditions, even those on the road, there is a way to get through and around it. Sometimes it does mean waiting and moving cautiously, but quitting should not be the quick and first option. Solutions go much further than stopping. The best solutions are made during life's hurdles. This is the time to get stronger, build fortitude and your character. If you have to stop, rather than give up, just restart again with a stronger mindset knowing now what your weakness is. Come up with a sound strategy that makes sense to you. The obstacle will surely come your way again and again until you conquer it!
Life is not comfortable all the time. You have to get comfortable being uncomfortable. You have to be willing to make people around you uncomfortable with your intensity and effort. You have to show them how serious you are and you have to be that serious if you want to get the job done.When you accept that you are in for some hard work and expect the darts that will certainly come your way along with boulders, you are already winning. You should never wait for smooth sailing conditions and expect it to be an effort without obstacles. You can count on those at any given time you set out to achieve ANY goal. I would not have achieved most of what I have in my life if I based it on the desires and opinions of others. I have been beaten down by obstacles many times in my life, but then I found renewed strength and got up and charged after my visions for myself!
Those who have been to hell and back tend to be the greatest warriors when it comes to achieving their goals. It's the ones who are willing to go that extra mile even when they don't have to because they know the real miles will be so much easier ongoing if they do!
The goal becomes the mission. Once in action you must be unstoppable! Everything that is in the way will you bulldozed over. You don't have to create drama, kick or scream, but you can with conviction tackle the things in front of you to ensure that self doubt is out of your way! Stay on track and you will win the war against your own inner world.
Meeting your goals in about developing good habits that are repeated over time. Habits that begin in the mind and you just keep moving. Very few things that determine real success are achieved by chance. If you have achieved your goals than you know that it was the way you approached it that really measured your success. It was all you had to go through to get to the goal that made it more rewarding than just achieving the goal! Giving yourself no choice to back out even if it means not achieving #1. This is what it takes. Some people will remain dreamers, while other people will be the achievers. When you want it your inner world will find a way to executive and you will be willing to change.
Try these tips to starting your path to success today:
- Let go of pleasing everyone around you. That also is an excuse.
- Stop fearing yourself allow yourself to blossom!
- Remember the only thing really limiting you is your own mind.
- Believe in limitless possibilities and your amazing imagination
- Start getting closer to your goals by starting them today! Don't wait for the perfect day, time or moment in your life. Just do it!!!
You have everything to gain and never anything to lose. You can always pick yourself up again If you fail you are better than those who really do nothing to even try to succeed, right? Good luck with all your goals!