Who doesn’t love a good bowl or mug of warm soup at lunch or at night after a long day? I actually enjoy this as a small snack when I feel a little hungry mid-afternoon. Fills me up and gives that comfort feeling a good bowl of soup can do. However this soup has so many benefits. Did you know that miso aids in digestion, is a great probiotic, anti-inflammatory and can boost your immune system with all of its trace minerals and vitamins. Plus adding in the mushrooms and onions you are aiding in more improvement of your gut bacteria and health as well. BONUS.... this 5 ingredient, 5 minute soup is so easy you’ll be making this all the time. No need to call for take-out.
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Miso Paste
- 1-2 Scallions
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- Tofu Squares (optional)
- Place broth, water and Miso paste into small pot on medium/high and stir to combine and heat through.
- Reduce eat to low and add mushrooms and diced scallions.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Cube firm tofu and simmer for increase in protein
- Crack an egg into it and swirl for egg drop/miso soup
- Crumble a sheet of nori for added benefits of prebiotic food and digestion aid (avoid if you have thyroid issues due to the iodine)
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 35
- Protein: 2.5 grams
- Fat: 1 grams
- Carbs: 5 grams
Food, Fitness and Family for the total YOU!