As Mahatma Gandhi said, ‘Be the Change you wish to see in the world'.
We are living in a world that is in an empathy crisis surrounded by depression, suicide, violence, terrorism, racism, and bullying. Many people are living a life of depression, anxiety, fear, and struggling to make it day by day. And some could be your closest friends, neighbors, or that person you see at the gym.
Now is a perfect time to give back to the world, provide inspiration and hope to others and make a different.
I challenge you to ‘Be The Change’ this month. By doing one small random act of kindness a day you can change what is going on around you. Choose a positive action that portrays kindness and compassion and see it through. As you continue to do random acts of kindness daily soon it will become your natural way of life.
Here are some ways that you can help make a difference, but I encourage you to reach deep within you and do what feels natural, and in the moment verses scripted.
- Text a friend.
- At the gym, if you see weights lying around that someone left, put them away.
- If you see trash on the floor, pick it up.
- Smile at the person that always looks angry.
- Buy the person behind you coffee.
- Just listen and be present for someone.
- Put the dishes away.
- Don’t complain.
- Take in your neighbors trash cans.
- Pray for someone.
- Say hello to a stranger.
- Call a family member.