It’s important to have a well-balanced physique and while bikini athletes are not just judged on their back development, I choose not to neglect my back training. I remember when I got so frustrated trying on dresses and being very disappointed that some didn’t fit simply because of my lats. I can proudly say that I no longer look at it as a negative and I can be proud of the development that I have.
Want to make your waist look tiny? Train back.
Want to have that hourglass shape? Train back.
If you are ready to take your back training to the next level then check out this routine!
- Smith Machine Rows (Multi Grip)
- 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps (Do 8 reps with a wide grip, then 6 or as many as you can with medium grip and then 4 reps with close grip. You are NOT going for weight here but control)
- Close Grip Pull-Downs
- 3 sets of 10 reps (Face away from the machine and pull the bar to your upper chest while keeping a hard arch in your thoracic region)
- Superset - Wide Grip Pull-Downs
- 3 sets of 8-10 reps (Up tempo with a good stretch at the top)
- Dumbbell Rows - Leaning on the Wall
- 3 sets of 8 reps (3 second eccentric with a 2 second flex at the top)
- Superset - Dumbbell Pull-Overs
- 3 sets of 12 reps (Keep chest up and only pull to just above the forehead)