Bring On The Pumpkin!
Welcome to November beauties!
It is officially upon us; fall has arrived and pumpkin season is in full force! Forget the pumpkin spice and lets all reach for REAL pumpkin! There are so many amazing health benefits of pumpkin, and so many reasons to celebrate the season!
- A cup of cooked pumpkin contains over 200% of your daily requirements of vitamin A; what beauty doesn’t want sharp vision?
- The high-fiber and low calorie content in pumpkin can aid in weight loss. Helping you stay full longer and delicious… Count me in!
- Pumpkin is high in the antioxidant beta carotene (hence the orange color) which can help fight cancer.
- Carotenoids scare away wrinkles… and guess what? Pumpkin is a great source!
So now that we know why we love this fall classic so much lets discuss how we can incorporate it into your daily life.
- Protein Pumpkin Pancakes - What a better way to start a November day; Or, any day really.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp. BeautyVegan Pea Protein (Natural Vanilla)
- 28 grams Lilly’s stevia chips
- 4 packets stevia
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Mix all ingredients in ninja until a batter is created.
- Pour batter into perfect pancake or skillet. (I use the perfect pancake maker to make these, but you can just put these in a medium skillet if you don t have the perfect pancake.)
- Cook on medium heat approximate 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips.
- Flip and cook another minute or so.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: I use the perfect pancake maker so I can make it into 4 little pancakes because…. VOLUME ya’ll!
- Pumpkin Pie - How about a delicious single serving low carb pumpkin pie? Count me in! check out my recipe at digital muscle for a super amazing single serve treat! https://www.digitalmuscle.com/womens-interest/fit-recipe-protein-pumpkin-pie/
- Bambody Pumpkin Bread - Don’t have time to whip up pumpkin recipes yourself? Checkout www.bambodynutrition.com and order this month’s “specialty dozen” pumpkin bread! It’s not only all-natural, sugar free and sweetened with stevia, it also contains 1 full serving of pumpkin PLUS turmeric and digestion supporting aloe juice.
- Enjoy pumpkin by itself! Add a little cinnamon and stevia and it is a perfect snack all by itself! You can also add it on top of toast instead of jelly or butter.
- Replace butter or oil in most recipes with pumpkin! Pumpkin gives baked goods, and also savory dishes (here’s an awesome mac and cheese using pumpkin https://www.digitalmuscle.com/womens-interest/fit-recipe-protein-mac-n-cheese-lower-carb/) a moist delicious consistency AND reduces the calories by 65%!
Ultimately, fall is an amazing time of year filled with flavor and tradition. Take full advantage of the wonderful seasonal items AND stay fit and healthy all at the same time!!! Have an awesome November beauties and stay beauty strong!
- BeautyVegan ~ Pea Protein Isolate
- BeautyWhey ~ Highest Quality Protein Isolate
- BeautyFit Collagen ~ Pure Hydrolyzed Collagen