Positive Body Image
Building a strong, positive body image for your daughter!
Your daughter watches your every move, mimics your actions, and strives to be just like you. Children hear it all and what you say now will influence their behavior in the future including body image issues, eating disorders, and obesity. It is so important to be aware of what you say and do in front of your children.
Here are some key steps I take in our house hold to encourage positive body images with my twin girls:
- Encourage healthy eating and healthy choices
- Encourage exercise, sports, and limit screen time
- Include your kids in your exercise
- Praise personality traits over physical appearances
- Encourage her unique vision
- Don't put yourself down
- Don't obsess over your appearance
- Don't shame yourself
- Refrain from using words such as fat, skinny, and ugly
- I personally do not weigh myself in front of my girls
- When dieting down for a competition or photo shoot I include foods we all can eat and just watch portions
And remember, Positivity is contagious and needs to start at home. We are shaping the future and building them up to believe In themselves and to be the best they can be.
MUA by Amanda