Zoodle Shrimp Scampi
If you’ve never had zoodles before you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how you don’t even miss the usually linguine pasta in the traditional shrimp scampi. I’ve lightened up this comfort food recipe to give a fresh summery take on scampi while allowing you to keep working on that hot summer body.
By eliminating the white wine, leaving in a touch of the REAL butter for richness you get all of the same traditional flavors without all of the calories. Talk about a win-win. If you’re not totally on board the zoodle train yet – go half zoodles, half linguine for an easy and light summer dinner.
Zoodle Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp REAL Butter
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled
- 2 Zucchini, about 1lb
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- Heat butter in skillet on medium.
- Add garlic, onion and spices and cook until onions is slightly translucent.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes or until all turns light pink.
- Add zoodles to pan, and combine cooking for only about 2 minutes. As the zoodles get hotter they will begin to get soggy if you stir too long.
- Remove all from heat and plate immediately.
- Stir in fresh parsley and squeeze lemon on top (optional).