These exercises are a staple of any barre classes you attend. Whatever exercise you’re doing, make sure you feel your butt muscles working throughout every move.
I love teaching barre and the benefits are endless. Here are a just a few: Toned muscles, increased flexibility, it’s fun, great for your posture and the core.
Let’s Get to this workout
- Rainbow ~ 30 reps on each side
- Seesaw Push-Up ~ 8 reps on each side
- Reverse Tabletop Extension ~ 1 minute on each side
- Wide Second Pulse ~ 30 reps
- Stacked Circle Kick ~ 30 reps on each side
- Repeat Above 3x’s
- Equipment Needed: A ballet barre/sturdy chair for balance. Your yoga mat ;)
Apply your BeautyBum to help sweat & tone
- Rainbow — 30 reps on each side Start on your hands and knees. Extend your right leg back and out at a 45-degree angle with your toes pointed. Pause, squeezing your glutes. Bring your knee back toward start and hover above ground. That's 1 rep. Do 30 reps. Then switch.
- Seesaw Push-Up — 8 reps on each side Start on your hands and knees. Extend your right leg back with your toes pointed. Bend your elbows, lowering your upper body to floor as you lift right leg toward ceiling. Return to start for 1 rep. Do 8 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
- Reverse Tabletop Extension — 1 minute on each side Facing up on your mat, bring your hands underneath shoulders with feet underneath knees. Fingers should face out and thumbs should face feet. Extend front leg straight up and press hips up keeping head in line with spine. Pulse hips up for one minute. Change sides. Make it easier: Keep front ball of the foot down with heel lifted for more support and drive hips up to pulse. (If you're strong but flexibility is an issue, bend front knee in half so that your knee comes in toward the shoulder.
- Wide Second Pulse — 30 reps Squat with your feet wide and toes turned out. Hold the barre/chair for balance. Squeeze your glutes as you pulse knees out 1 inch. Do 30 pulses.
- Stacked Circle Kick – Start on your hands and knees. Lift your torso on the right side, placing your right hand on hip and straightening your right leg in line with hips. Point toes as you draw a small clockwise circle for 1 rep. Do 30 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Until next time!
With love and beauty,