Hello my beauties!!!! I hope you all are having a beautiful and amazing start to your day! I wish every day to be filled with gum drops and rainbows and an overall fabulous attitude and mindset; but, somedays just aren’t. Somedays we just feel the weight of the world bearing down on us; that over whelming feeling of too much to do, too many people asking so much from you, too much of life bearing down on you.
Today beauties, I want you to know that is ok!
I want you to know at some point we all feel it. In my opinion, I think everyone suffers from some form of stress and anxiety; some are able to cope better than others, but we all experience that overwhelming feeling of how the heck am I ever going to make it.
Personally, being a business owner, wife, parent, bikini pro, and woman somedays life just kicks my butt... BIG TIME! Customers, employees, husband, kids, they all want need demand something from you at all times; it gets SUPER stressful. I used to feel the pressure and weight of the world A LOT... I mean A LOT... but over the last year I have picked up a few tricks that have really helped me let go and manage some of the stress of life.
These are my pointers for managing stress and anxiety.
- To-Do lists: I love me a good list; A good hand written, pen to paper list. Omggggg that sense of accomplishment I feel when I cross something off. I won’t even lie to you, sometimes I write things on my list I’ve already done just so I can cross it out! I start my day by outlining what I need to accomplish during this 24 hr. period.
- First, are A items. A items HAVE to be done today; so those are always the first things on my list and are the first to get done.
- Next, comes everything else including one thing I WANT to do.
Not only does this help me to organize my day, but it also helps me to see what’s essential and what’s not, and at the end seeing things crossed out makes me feel accomplished.
- Read: I used to wake up in the mornings and first thing I do is check my email and open social media. Now, I read a few pages of a book that inspires me. (currently reading “Relentless” by Tim Grover.). Rather than already starting to worry and get caught up in others drama, I feel awake and inspired and ready to tackle life.
- Have YOU time: I wake up every single day before everyone else; this is my time. It’s my time to read, sip my coffee, get a workout in and focus on me. Having me time doesn’t make you selfish; it makes you human and, for that matter, a better human.
- Identify your triggers: What sets you over the edge? Is it not having groceries in the house and starving kids are screaming? Try a grocery delivery service; you can plan and schedule your groceries to arrive when you need them. Whatever that moment is that you feel yourself snapping, take a second and evaluate it. How did you get there? How can you avoid it? Identify the problem and make a plan of attack how to avoid it in the future.
- Take a calming supplement: Consider adding in BeautyCalm or a hemp oil. Besides controlling cortisol levels, beauty calm helps the adrenal system respond in a positive manner and promotes a more restful sleep and response to stress.
Ultimately, life is hard. Stress and anxiety are part of the majority of our lives, but controlling and managing our response to it is absolutely possible.
Until next time beauties…