No Skipping Breakfast Oats
A perfect breakfast for maintaining my energy throughout the day. If you’re finding yourself reaching for a second, third cup of coffee, or craving something sweet halfway through the morning, definitely try oats in a jar!
I’ve never been a big eater first thing in the morning, but this oatmeal is light enough on my stomach that I don’t feel as if I’m overindulging.
There are endless combinations of these little healthy treats . The basic one I usually use is listed below and add in extras as you wish.
They contain more protein than most grains (5g per serving).
They’re a rich source of fiber, which helps satisfy your hunger (4g per serving).
They’re high in antioxidants which may help lower blood pressure levels.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (your choice: almond milk, coconut milk, cashew, soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop of BeautyFit Collagen
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
- Place all ingredients into a jar and mix well to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold with toppings of choice!
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You may need to add a splash or two of milk/ water before serving to adjust to your desired consistency.
Until next time.
With love and beauty!
- BeautyFit Collagen ~ Pure Hydrolyzed Collagen
- BeautyWhey ~ Highest Quality Protein Isolate
- BeautyVegan ~ Pea Protein Isolate