Everyone loves a slice of Mom’s Pecan Pie but weighing in at over 450 calories for most servings that about breaks the bank on your daily limit and you’d have to start with dessert. Try these mini bites that don’t use the butter, white flour loaded crust and use agave syrup instead of high fructose corn syrup.
Each little mouth pleasing bite comes in under 50 calories. Now that’s a dessert I can enjoy without feeling bad the next day.
- 1/4c. Egg Whites
- 1/4c. Agave Syrup
- 1/4c. Stevia
- 1/2c. Chopped Pecans
- 1 Box Mini Fillo Shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and place fillo shells on a prepared baking sheet. (I like to place mine in a muffin tin)
- Mix together egg whites, syrup, and stevia in a small bowl to make a thick pourable mixture.
- Divide pecans evenly in each fillo shell. Pour filling into cups over pecans, until almost full.
- Place baking sheet or muffin tin in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The pies will get nice and golden brown on top.
- Allow cooling slightly so the filling becomes more solid.
Having this traditional dessert this way allows you to satisfy your taste buds with this memory lane flavor without going overboard with a large slice. Be sure to step away from the rest so you don’t get too carried away though