When we think of football, the first thing that comes to mind are those fun Saturday & Sundays where family and friends get together to cheer on their favorite teams. I created these tasty football treats below as a healthy alternative, they are good for you as well as delicious. Enjoy & go team!
BUFFALO CHICKEN KABOBS w/Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Cut Into 1” chunks
- Celery Sticks Cut Into 1” sections
- ½ Cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Ketchup
- 1 Pack Wooden Skewers
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent burning on the grill.
- Blend hot sauce, vinegar, olive oil and ketchup in a small bowl.
- Place all chicken in a medium bowl and cover with the sauce. Let marinate for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- Skewer 6 pieces of the chicken and 5 celery, alternating beginning with and ending with chicken. (Do this until all chicken has been used)
- Place on medium hot grill and grill for 2 minutes each side.
- While chicken is grilling brush the kabobs with remaining sauce in bowl. Make sure chicken is cooked through.
Blue Cheese Dipping sauce Ingredients
- 1 Cup Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Dill
- Blend and place in small bowl to go with the Chicken Kabobs
SWEET POTATO SKINS
- 4 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 8 tsp Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tsp Bacon Bits
- 4 tsp Diced Green Onions (scallions)
- 4 TB Plain Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, set on a baking sheet, and bake cut side up for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, scoop out sweet potato flesh, leaving just the slightest bit in the skin. Save the inside for your meal prep (You know you’ll need this)
- Flip skins over so skin side is up. Brush with olive oil then bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip, brush insides with remaining olive oil, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove skins and place a 1 tsp of cheese in each, topping with ½ tsp bacon bits.
- Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with green onions and ½ TB greek yogurt in the center of each.
FRUIT SKEWERS w/Nutella Dip
- Any fruit of choice sliced and chunked into pieces to place on skewers
- 1 Cup Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TB Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Skewer fruit to be about 6-7” on the skewer.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and place in small bowl.
One Serving Size
- 3 Chicken skewers w / 3 TB Dip
- 2 Sweet Potato Skins
- 2 Fruit Skewers w/ 2 TB Dip