These energy bites are a delicious solution for a quick shot of nutrition. Just eat one or two of these protein-packed balls and you’ll be ready to tackle the day. This snack recipe is made in just one bowl and makes a large batch. So get ready to meal prep and have them whenever you like.
Instead of spending a fortune on pre packaged bars or other protein bars, these no-bake energy bites are perfect for that on-the-go snack to get you through the day. By making your own, you’ll know exactly the ingredients that are going to be putting into your body! These go fast in my house!
What you’ll need
Using this base recipe will allow you to substitute any ingredients for creating different flavor combinations.
- Nut Butter: Use 1/2 cup of nut butter like peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter. This helps bind all of the dry ingredients together and adds extra protein to each serving.
- Sweetener: Use 1/3 cup of honey, pure maple syrup, or agave to add natural sweetness.
- Fiber: Use 1 cup of whole rolled oats to Creates substance to the recipe.
- Protein: Ground almond/coconut flour adds extra protein, with 1/3 cup added. You can substitute protein powder if desired.
- Flavor: To make the flavors pop, try pure vanilla extract or almond extract. Spices like ground cinnamon or ginger are also tasty.
- Add-in’s: Dried fruit like cranberries, cherries and pineapple make nice fruit options. Chocolate chips and coconut flakes are also tasty adds. There’s a ½ cup of fun to play with!
- Coating: This is optional but you can always add chopped nuts like almonds, peanuts, cashews to the outside of the energy bites.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup protein like BeautyfitVegan Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix almond butter, honey, vanilla, and salt on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Roll mixture into firmly packed balls about a heaping tablespoon in size and place on a sheet pan.
- If desired, prepare the nut coating in a separate bowl.
- Roll each snack bite into the almonds, gently pressing to coat.
- Refrigerate tray of snack bites for 30 minutes.
Until next time!
With love and beauty,