Sexy Shoulder Circuit
I am constantly on a mission to grow these baby boulder shoulders! Trust me, this giant set will leave you feeling weak using 2.5 -5 lbs and barely able to lift your arms up overhead! The key to remember with all these movements is that you want to keep your scapula down and back so that the focus is on your delts and not your traps. I have been so guilty of this in the past and now I am dedicated to improving this weak area of mine. I hope this encourages you to keep working on those body parts that are lagging behind.
Give this shoulder circuit a try and let us know what you think!
You may have to lighten the weight as you progress through each exercise and there is no shame in that! Remember you are always wanting to isolate the targeted muscle and apply intensity- not just move the weight. Stay focused!
You will perform these exercises as a giant set; moving from exercise to exercise with very little rest in between.
Perform 15 reps on each movement if you can! ;) Do 3-4 rounds.
- Exercise 1: Dumbbell Lateral - Slow accentuated eccentric- Lift in a L-lateral leading with your elbows, then straighten your arms out to the sides and lower slowly- both arms at the same time. This is meant to be controlled.
- Exercise 2: Dumbbell "L" Lateral - Pick up the pace here and pump these out as long as you have good form.
Exercise 3: Overhead Flys
- Exercise 4: Overhead Press - Basic overhead press here on an up tempo- you will be surprised how little weight you use!
- Rest 1-2 minutes and go again.
Train hard and stay #beautystrong!
- BeautyStrong ~ Pre-Workout Matrix
- BeautyRecover ~ BCAA Refuel
- BeautyWhey ~ Highest Quality Protein Isolate