These delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Muffins are healthy and tasty. Using the high quality BeautyWhey or BeautyVegan is the key ingredient in making these muffins a delectable treat!
Nutrition (per muffin):
- Cals: 91
- Fat: 2.7 grams
- Carbs: 9 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sugars: .9 grams
- Protein: 9.7 grams
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 Tbsp. of coconut flour
- 3 scoops BeautyWhey or BeautyVegan
- 1 tsp. baking powder • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup Stevia baking blend
- 5 egg whites (about 3/4 cup)
- Zest of 1 lemon (approx. 1 tsp.)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (basically the juice of 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use 2 bowls. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, stevia , lemon zest, poppy seeds).
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl (egg whites, lemon juice, almond breeze, and applesauce.)
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Mix together with a whisk until just blended.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Fill each 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes just until firm to the touch.
Note: Makes approximately 12 muffins. Store in fridge. To make them taste fresh out of the oven again, microwave each one for 15-20 seconds.
Enjoy and stay #beautyfitstrong!