Have your chocolate chip cookies without the guilt! These protein cookies are a delicious treat right from the oven or perfect cooled to room temperature. They store easily and freeze well!
- 1/2 coconut flour
- 1 scoop of BeautyWhey Protein - Smart Cookie
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (I used refined to avoid the coconut taste – you’ll want the oil to be solid and room temperature or the dough will be greasy)
- 4 packets of stevia in the raw
- 6 tablespoons natural almond butter or any seed butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Lily’s)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all of your dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla at medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolk on low. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Place 2” apart on a silicone baking mat or a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. They'll be very soft but will continue to cook as they sit on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days for the best taste results.
Yield: 14 cookies
With love and beauty,